Building and architectural acoustical services and acoustic report for architects, designers, planners and developers
Celebrating 40 Years in Acoustics
Contact us for a quotation on acoustic reports, assessments and design.
Good building acoustic design at the project design stage can prevent noise problems such as noise from traffic, mechanical services, plumbing and noise from adjacent residences.
We work with developers, architects and engineers to assist in the design of new buildings or provide advice on modifying existing buildings to minimise sources of internal and external noise and vibration.
For projects where noise measurement is required, we have state-of-the-art NATA calibrated instrumentation for reverberation time, background noise and sound insulation testing of partition walls and floors.
Our experience includes architectural acoustics for residential, commercial and public buildings including hotels, schools, child care centres, churches, hospitals and universities.
Some of our architectural acoustical services include:
- Aircraft noise acoustic reports for council that give noise ratings for windows and other building elements needed to reduce aircraft noise for new houses and renovations;
- Design of facade insulation for buildings against traffic, aircraft and rail noise;
- Noise assessment and acoustic reports of pubs as well as design of noise controls for pubs/hotels;
- Preparation of acoustic reports for Councils for child care centre DAs - using noise mapping to optimise the design of play areas, mechanical services and other related noise;
- Restaurant and cafe acoustic reports and assessment - we make it possible for patrons to have conversations without shouting by designing absorption panelling systems;
- Design of office spaces to ensure acoustical separation for conversation privacy;
- Design of acoustical treatment of air handling systems including air conditioning and ducting to make sure that internal levels of noise are acceptable;
- Acoustical design of internal spaces using EASE software including auditoriums and halls using computer modelling to assess room acoustical qualities such as speech intelligibility;
- Design of wall, flooring and plumbing systems to maximise privacy between adjoining dwellings in accordance with Building Code of Australia (BCA) and local government requirements;
- Classroom acoustics and school hall acoustics - designing classrooms with acceptable background noise levels and reverberation times so that students are not disadvantaged in not being able to hear teachers. While most classrooms need more sound absorbency, it is important to place reflecting surfaces in the right location to ensure that speech is reflected where it is required.
- We use 3 dimensional noise modelling software that allows us to locate absorbing and reflecting surfaces to optimise speech intelligibility and music within halls and rooms.