Aircraft, road and rail assessments, modelling, investigation and solutions
Celebrating 40 Years in Acoustics
Environmental Results provides specialist services for aircraft, road and rail noise.
Contact us for a quotation on acoustic reports and assessments.
Our services include:
- Aircraft noise acoustic reports required by council when building or renovating houses - councils around Sydney Airport require reports that give noise ratings for windows and other parts of houses to reduce aircraft noise;
- Road traffic and rail noise acoustic reports needed by councils for development applications;
- Aircraft noise modelling of areas surrounding airports using the aircraft noise software INM and SoundPLAN - we can provide noise contours acoustic reports for all types and sizes of airports as part of an environmental information system;
- Modelling aircraft performance for fuel consumption, air emissions, noise and air quality;
- Road traffic noise assessment and acoustic reports for new and existing infrastructure using state of the art noise modelling software and noise mapping with SoundPLAN;
- Noise barrier design to achieve design noise level goals - noise mapping software allows us to optimise the height of barriers to ensure cost effective solutions;
- Design of building facades to reduce aircraft, road and rail noise - with SoundPLAN noise mapping software we can provide facade design and acoustic reports for buildings for single and multi-storey buildings;
- Rail environmental noise and vibration measurement, assessment, acoustic reports and modelling - noise mapping using SoundPLAN allows us to accurately assess rail noise levels and noise control solutions, providing a one-stop solution combining assessment and design
- Preparation of environmental assessment reports (Reviews of Environmental Factors) for rail and road projects.
Our experience includes:
- Consultants to the Sydney Aircraft Noise Insulation Project involving extensive testing, research and design of dwellings, schools, churches and other buildings - we have special expertise in the noise insulation of lightweight buildings
- Rail noise assessments for new developments using noise mapping; measurement using state of the art PC based multi-channel noise instrumentation; review of noise issues involving community contact; rail noise research
- Road traffic noise assessment, measurement and computer modelling and noise mapping of new and existing roads; optimising the use of facade treatment and noise barriers to provide the best and most cost effective mix of these traffic noise controls for different locations - every location is different and needs a tailored solution to make it work.